In this modern day and age, most people are striving to live a somewhat healthy lifestyle. This usually means that people are trying to eat a little better to lose/maintain their body weight. There are many ways that we can try to live more healthily, outside of the food that we eat. However, for the sake of this article, I’m going to focus exclusively on food, because food is an enormous part of everyone’s lives.
I, myself, start at least four new diets every single week. I usually give up and fail them around noon of the day that I started and I usually only start them in my mind, but it is still great progress for me that I am at least trying to make an effort. I find myself thinking, “If only healthy food tasted better.”
I know that it’s not fair for me to put myself with everyone else that is trying to be more healthy because, in secret, I eat Mexican fast food at least four times a month. It’s hard to argue with those deep-fried chimichangas.
I need to do better with eating healthy. Perhaps if I started eating more healthier desserts I would be more successful in my dieting. A great example of a dessert that is delicious and follows the keto diet was posted by sugarfreemom. This recipe is a delicious coffee cheesecake that is low in both fat and calories! According to sugarfreemom, her recipe only has 32.6g of fat and 326 calories per serving. That’s not bad! Sounds like something I could probably eat a few times a day.
It’s incredibly easy to make, as it requires no baking! There’s no reason to not try it! Let’s take a look at the recipe that was written by sugarfreemom.
Source: Sugar Free Mom
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds unsalted raw
- 1/4 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp butter room temp
- 3/4 cup strong brewed hot coffee
- 2.5 teaspoons gelatin
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 2 tsp coffee extract
- 2 tsp vanilla liquid stevia
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 ounces 85 % dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Place the coconut and sunflower seeds inside of a food processor and blend until they are well grounded.
- Add the rest of the crust ingredients into the food processor and process until they are smooth and combined.
- Press the crust mixture with your hands onto the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan. Set it aside.
- Pour some hot brewed coffee into a bowl or cup.
- Add the gelatin and stir it until it is dissolved. Set aside to allow it to come up to room temperature.
- Add the cream cheese into a stand mixer and blend on high until smooth.
- Add the cooled coffee and gelatin, extract, stevia and salt. Blend on high until well incorporated.
- Pour in the heavy whipping cream and blend on high until mixture looks whipped and thickened; about 5 minutes.
- Pour onto crust in the pan, on top of the crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, ideally overnight.
- When ready to serve, melt chocolate and coconut oil in a small microwavable bowl for 30 seconds. Stir till smooth, then pour over cheesecake.
That sounds like an incredibly simple and delicious meal to make and eat! And for those of us who are dieting, this sounds like a safe to eat dessert! I’m not much of a cake maker, but it looks like I’ll have to start. Thank you to Sugarfreemom for allowing us to share this amazing recipe! Be sure to give it a try and send her a thank you!